Alpine Pro Detail
No matter which style of SPIKES SPIDER kit you choose, Spikes Spider Compact, Sport or Alpine Pro utilize basically the same steel hub system and are manufactured from the same superior materials by the Swiss.
About the "Alpine Pro" style of SPIKES SPIDER:
- Alpine Pro provides the most aggressive traction available on ice, snow, mud and wet grass. Excels in deep snows of over 8" or more. Excellent vans, pickups, 4x4s, SUVs and emergency service vehicles with large tires.
- Composed of a steel traction net, combined with sharpened steel cross members, make for the most aggressive traction available. The four arms are strong, composite metal.
- Four support arms connect to the net between the arms, so the tires are encircled on the outside portion.
- The traction ovals are just as easy to put on as the Compact, Easy Sport, Sport, and Easy Alpine Pro style. You just lay the traction element on the top of the tire, center the traction oval on the previously installed steel hubs, lock on the holding ring, with a "click". Repeat on the other drive wheel. Drive a few revolutions and the traction ovals are forced by the four arms to self-mount on each tire tread.
- As with all Spikes-Spiders, the Alpine Pro cannot damage alloy wheels or interfere with vehicle braking, ABS, steering or suspension systems.
- The Spikes-Spider systems are especially designed to give safety in bad conditions, with the advantage that anyone can fit on the vehicle in only one-half minute for each side and can be removed just as fast.
- The Alpine Pro stores reasonably flat in the carrying case, so they take up a little less room than the Quick, but about the same as the Compact and Sport styles.
Alpine Pro Hardware Installation Video
Alpine Pro Operating Instructions
Installing the Traction Arm
Adapter Measuring Device Instructions
Mounting Hub Plate Instructions
All styles; Compact, Easy Sport, Sport , Easy Alpine Pro and Alpine Pro traction devices are equally easy to remove after use.